LOGIN     CONTACT     FOLLOW US:
  1. Tess Ewing
  2. Discussion Forum
  3. Sunday, 28 July 2019
  4.  Subscribe via email

On July 18, 2019, Deb Kidney sent out a query for "... any good videos that explain 'the union difference'"

Alicia Flores sent the following reply:

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but the UC Berkeley Labor
Center put together a video on the union effect in California:
https://youtu.be/L-hghiiNwS8

The video is based off a series of reports our center did in 2018:
http://laborcenter.berkeley.edu/a-three-part-series-the-union-effect-in-california/

 

John Kretzschmar contributed the following:

No video…just some plagiarized stuff that I modified.  (See 2 attachments below) I believe that people join and participate in organizations whose values they share.   Unions have members who are “apathetic” and who fully engage with other organizations outside the labor movement.  Why?  IMO, we fail to sell the “union difference” that focuses on values and principles.

So, it’s important, IMO, to find ways to go beyond just dollars and cents when explaining this stuff.  This is one of my attempts to do that.  I’m also attaching a piece I put together for a class I call “How to Effectively Talk Union.” 

BTW, the British and American versions of “what have unions done for us?” videos are both enlightening and amusing. 

Attachments (2)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.


There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!