Brothers and Sisters: For over 15 years I have been participating in delegations to Cuba for research on labor rights. Usually I go with the National Lawyers Guild but in December, I am coordinating a trip with lawyers from AFLCIO, as well as others (non-lawyers) interested in workers’ rights – specifically women’s issues, in Cuba. We are close to finalizing our trip and able to add several more to the delegation. This is licensed travel as we will be engaged in a full program of research and exchange with the Cuban people and professionals in the field of labor rights.
Attached is the program and general information. Also the application.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope you join us and take advantage of the opportunity to visit Cuba, both Havana and Las Terrazas.
In solidarity,
Joan G. Hill
Education and Membership Development Department
United Steelworkers
60 Boulevard of the Allies
Pittsburgh PA 15222
412-562-4348 office
412-562-2566 fax
615-594-0843 cell