Note: Rich Feldman will be giving a brief intro of the Boggs Center before the cultural event on Wednesday evening at the Detroit conference.
Dear Labor Educators,
As you visit Detroit for your upcoming conference, I wanted to introduce you to the James and Grace Lee Boggs Center to Nurture Community Leaders (www.boggscenter.org) and I wanted to share with you a few videos and writings from the Center which provide some foundation for understanding the moment in Detroit. Attached is a chapter on a forthcoming book that I co-wrote entitled: Conflicting Visions. I have also put in a link below to a New Work-New Culture Reader which is critical to the work of creating local sustainable community production and self-governing democracy. I write to you as an individual who worked the assembly line for 20 years, an elected official of LU UAW 900 and recently retired from working on the staff of the International UAW. I hope to meet some of you and others at the Detroit gathering. I also edited the book: End of the Line: Auto-Workers and the American Dream in 1988.
Also attached is the introduction to In Love and Struggle- Revolutionary Lives of James and Grace Lee Boggs
· Grace Lee Boggs: Watch “We are shaking the world with a new dream” by Sacred Resonance: http://vimeo.com/52733999
· Watch “Detroit” by Sacred Resonance: http://vimeo.com/52831422
· A People's Story of Detroit is now available to view online! https://youtu.be/qcAvvr6yYjM
Rich Feldman
248-225-8037
@rfeldman60
Download Reader here: New Work-New Culture Reader