1. Anna Marie Miller
  2. Discussion Forum
  3. Monday, 02 February 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
The Labor Movement's adaptation over the next 50 years must include a Master Plan to obtain economic power. I encourage any who share this assessment to weigh in with ideas about this PLAN. Sometimes I am overwhelmed and retire to bed early, frustrated by the sheer amount of effort expended by all those heroes in the Labor Movement to a wonderful but limited effect. I confer that incremental improvements in wage and working conditions are better than no improvements at all, but I relish sharper acumens. I yearn for bold trials in economic innovation which place collaborative organizations squarely in the middle of the elitist corporate smorgasbord created for economic advantage. I am convinced that without this move to the for-profit arena by workers, everything about work is at risk. Corporate immersion into politics defines the economic power level that labor must adapt to for powering its future. As my research continues, I ask these questions of myself. 1.)Is the only recourse to belabor negotiation with corporate constructs? 2.)By what financing method would a restart of demand-based industry be best accomplished? 3.)Is peoplepower a superior source to fossil fuel powered industry? 4.)What underutilized, wasted resources must be captured to accentuate labors' progress in next 50 years? 5.)What constants represent potential economic power centers for the working population? 6.)What industrial systems, models, and initiatives show promise? 7.)What are the most promising economic venues for pension investment? 8.)What is my best option for promoting my findings? I'm wrestling with a big opponent, looking for its weak points, searching for strength, and branching out with new moves for the prosperity of future generations. In Solidarity, Anna Marie Miller Maintenance Technician Electrical USW Local 6787
Comment
There are no comments made yet.


There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!